Another great aspect of these books is that it is really inspiring some growth in reading for the older children with riddles throughout the story that they really want to read the answers to!
~Samuel Smiles, Thrift, 1875
- 2 cups of Pecans
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons B grade maple syrup
- Combine the pecans, dark chocolate chips, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder in a food processor/blender and grind until you have a flour.
- In a medium bowl add the maple syrup and eggs and mix well.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into mini cupcake tins and bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Frost the cupcakes with the frosting and garnish with fresh mint.
For an intuitive frosting we mixed cocoa powder into softened butter and added honey as we taste tasted to get the sweetness just right.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup softened coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract